Thursday, May 6, 2010

How Organic is your Organic Milk?

Where do the more commonly available (at least in Los Angeles) organic milk brands of Trader Joe's, Horizon, Whole Foods (365 Organics), Costco, and even Ben and Jerry's stand in terms of integrity in an independent survey? See for yourself!
A friend of mine hooked me on to a very useful site that rates organic milks. The scorecard was created by Cornucopia.org and they have a full report on the state of organic milk farms, industrialized milk farming, USDA enforcement, and consumer guidance on organic milk-buying, among other issues. The ratings alone can be found here but to fully understand their ratings I recommend you read the report.

As for me, I think I'll begin supporting 365 Organics and Straus more.

No comments:

Post a Comment